.

.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Experiencing “The Sugar Blues”? Eliminate sugar to reduce migraines, allergies & more!

There is so much to say about the benefits of cutting back on sugar in your diet. As you will read from this client’s letter, eliminating sugar isn’t just about helping to keep breakouts to a minimum. Limiting or cutting out sugar completely has far reaching positive changesperhaps more than you know. I received this letter from a client who I gave a recommendation to regarding a classic book on the ills of sugar. If you haven’t read this book and wonder what sugar is possibly doing to your body, skin included, I recommend reading this book now!

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for sharing the book, Sugar Blues, by William Dufty. After reading it I decided to really limit my intake of refined sugar. In February I cut out all sweets, soft drinks, and sweetened tea. I must say I was surprised by my body’s reaction.

For the first four days after eliminating sugar I felt tense, irritable, shaky, and suffered from a constant headache. I really craved a soft drink! But I stuck to my decision, and I’m very glad I did!

Since taking sugar out of my diet I have not suffered from migraines, and that is huge. I used to take 3-4 Excedrin a week. Plus I’ve been exposed to numerous sick people and I’ve not gotten sick. I’ve always suffered from terrible allergies, and so far this spring and summer, I’ve only had one day I needed medication for hay fever symptoms.

I chose to cut out sugar from my diet as a test to see if it would really make a difference. I can honestly say yes, it has made an amazing difference in my life. I find now when I do indulge in a sweet, I feel nauseous or develop a slight headache. So I prefer to avoid itthe consequences just aren’t worth it!

Thanks again for your knowledge and for the recommendation of this great and very helpful book.

For more information on this blog about sugar consumption and your skin, see:



comment:

  1. Tracy Sturdivant July 1, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    I couldn’t agree more. If you only read one book on health, this would be it. Since he wrote this book, most of what he said has been proven by science. A pediatric endocrinologist at UCSF, Dr. Lustig, wrote a book about how exactly sugar is a toxin and its effect on the body. It’s called Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar. If you don’t want to read the book, he has posted an amazing lecture online that takes only 45 minutes to listen to.