What are The Optimizers?
They are a fluid and a cream that comprise a two-part skin care system that are designed to be used together, although they can be used separately—depending on your skin type. If you have normal to dry or true-dry skin and you feel you are not getting enough hydration from your cremes, give The Duo a try. They pack a powerful punch to keep your skin feeling moisturized.
OPTIMIZER SERUM (formerly called Optimizer Fluid)
This is one of my all-time favorite Yonka products—maybe the favorite! I have been using it under my hydrating creams day and night for years. I started using it during the cold Chicagoland winters, and since moving to Colorado it is a twice-daily essential in my skin care routine.
Although Optimizer Serum is a super-hydrating fluid, it does not contain any oil so all skin types can use it. I highly recommend giving Optimizer Serum a try. It can really made a big difference in the hydration of your skin. See Is your face in need of extra hydration? for more about this effective hydrating serum.
Essential ingredients in SERUM:
- Hyaluronic acid—super-hydrates
- Hibiscus peptides—help stimulate the production of collagen
- Collagen—lifts, firms, long-lasting hydration
- Complex of organic proteins—activates cellular oxygenation, stimulates protein synthesis, regenerates cells to favor the healing process, softens the depth of lines and wrinkles
- Dimethicone—protects, smoothes
- Horsetail extract—fortifies skin proteins
- Soy peptides—hydrating, smoothing
- Glycoaminoglycan—hydrating, restructuring, firm forming
Although Optimizer Serum is designed to be used with Optimizer Creme, it can be used on its own or incorporated with your favorite Yonka cream. If you have oily skin and don’t like wearing a cream, Optimizer Serum would be a perfect choice. It will hydrate your skin without adding any extra oil.
This a day and/or nighttime moisturizer that packs a powerful punch. Hyaluronic acid, shea butter, hip and horsetail extracts are among the luxurious ingredients this formula contains. The Creme is great for normal/combination skin, or for those who are heading toward a drier skin type. You can use the creme combined with Optimizer Serum or on its own. This all depends on the hydration level of your skin.
Essential ingredients in CREME:
- Hyaluronic acid—deep hydrating action, reinforces, strengthens
- Complex of hydrolized organic proteins (milk, elastin, amniotic liquid)—activates cellular oxygenation, stimulates protein synthesis, regenerates cells to favor the healing process, softens the depth of lines and wrinkles
- Horsetail—fortifies skin proteins, promotes hydration
- Shea butter—nourishes, antioxidant
Directions for using OPTIMIZER DUO:
- After cleansing, before toning
- Apply 3-4 squirts of OPTIMIZER SERUM (I believe that applying the fluid directly on your dry skin—before the toner—will deepen the action of this wonderful hydration booster)
- Massage the Serum in
- Then spray the Yonka Lotion toner
- Finally, apply OPTIMIZER CREME or your current day or night cream
- Don’t forget your eye treatment as the final step to your Basics 1-2-3 Program
To purchase Yonka’s Advanced Optimizers, click here. These two products can be purchased individually or at a discount together as the Duo.